Chronic renal failure (CRF) is a significant health problem worldwide, and stem cell therapy has emerged as a potential treatment.
CRF is characterized by inflammation and remodeling of the kidneys, which can lead to dysfunction or destruction of blood vessels. Stem cells have been shown to be effective in treating other inflammatory conditions, such as lupus erythematosus and diabetes(1-8). They have also shown promise in treating CRF, suggesting that stem cell therapy may be a safe and effective treatment for CRF in humans.
1. Li H, Rong P, Ma X, Nie W, Chen C, Yang C, Zhang J, Dong Q, Wang W. Paracrine effect of mesenchymal stem cell as a novel therapeutic strategy for diabetic nephropathy. Life Sci. 2018;215:113-118.
2. Barbado J, Tabera S, Sánchez A, García-Sancho J. Therapeutic potential of allogeneic mesenchymal stromal cells transplantation for lupus nephritis. Lupus. 2018;27(13):2161-2165.
3. Zhuang Q, Ma R, Yin Y, Lan T, Yu M, Ming Y. Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Renal Fibrosis: The Flame of Cytotherapy. Stem Cells Int. 2019. doi: 10.1155/2019/8387350.
4. Villanueva S, González F, Lorca E, Tapia A, López G V, Strodthoff R, et al. Adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stromal cells in patients with chronic kidney disease: A pilot study assessing safety and clinical feasibility. Kidney Res Clin Pract. 2019. doi: 10.23876/j.krcp.18.0139.
5. Liu D, Cheng F, Pan S, Liu Z. Stem cells: a potential treatment option for kidney diseases. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2020 Jun 25;11(1):249. doi: 10.1186/s13287-020-01751-2.
6. Pan B, Fan G. Stem cell-based treatment of kidney diseases. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2020;245(10):902-910. doi: 10.1177/1535370220915901.
7. Abumoawad A, Saad A, Ferguson CM, Eirin A, Herrmann SM, Hickson LJ, et al. In a Phase 1a escalating clinical trial, autologous mesenchymal stem cell infusion for renovascular disease increases blood flow and the glomerular filtration rate while reducing inflammatory biomarkers and blood pressure. Kidney Int. 2020;97(4):793-804. doi: 10.1016/j.kint.2019.11.022.
8. Lin W, Li HY, Yang Q, Chen G, Lin S, Liao C, Zhou T. Administration of mesenchymal stem cells in diabetic kidney disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2021;12(1):43. doi: 10.1186/s13287-020-02108-5.
Schedule your FREE consultation!
Receive a complimentary consultation with one of a our Stem Cell Therapy Experts and Regenerative Doctors.
Call +1 (302) 551-3530 or fill out the form and one of our specialists will contact you within 24 hours.
Book For A Patient Advocate Follow-Up
Stem cell therapy does not provide a guarantee and is not advertised as a treatment for any cures. This is similar to many other traditional medical treatments. A patient history review is required to determine eligibility and approval for stem cell therapy as an aid to the patient’s body towards supporting the body’s own healing process, if and when possible. All personal information provided is for internal and medical use only by our healthcare providers. Headquartered in Deleware, USA, REJUV, INC. is a resource company and network supplier for REJUVSTEM in Guadalajara and Cancun, Mexico. Rejuv, Inc. is not a stem cell therapy facility or surgical center. These advanced treatments have not yet been approved by the FDA, so they are not available in our office or in the United States. All cell therapies are carried out in Mexico, as regulated by the Ministry of Health, COFERPIS, and other local governments. All treatments are carried out within the legal and regulatory framework of the country in which the particular healthcare provider operates.